Pithos Rosso 2021 - Vittoria Rosso D.O.C. - Azienda Agricola COS
The COS winery is a unique winery producing wines using both ancient amfora production technology as well as modern techniques.
The Nero d’Avola and Frappato grapes vines for the Pithos Vittoria Rosso redwine have an average age of 25 years and grow in the red sandy soils at COS vineyards near Vittoria in southeastern Sicily at an altitude between 230-250 meters.
The grapes were harvested by hand, sorted and destalked followed by a 7 months maceration and fermentation period in closed terracotta amphorae with spontaneous fermentation on the skins with indigenous yeasts. The wine was matured in amphorae and in concrete tanks.
- Vittoria Rosso D.O.C.
- Wine style
- Dry red wine
- Nero d'Avola, Frappato di Vittoria
- In amphorae, concrete tanks and in the bottles.
- Cherry and the red fruits, spices - cinnamon and ginger.
- Velvety, fruity with a great structure and body, a prolonged persistence in the mouth
- Pairs with
- Red meat, game, tasty roasts or seasoned cheeses. Serve at 16-18 C.
- 11% vol.
- 0,75 l
- Azienda Agricola COS
No customer reviews for the moment.