Terre di San Leonardo - I.G.T. Dolomiti - Tenuta San Leonardo
The development of the San Leonardo winery goes hand-in-hand with the Guerrieri Gonzaga family, winemakers in San Leonardo since the 18th century, who are part of the fascinating centuries-old history of the estate. The long family tradition echoes in every corner of the company. A first reorganization of the estate took place between the end of the 19th century and the beginning of the 20th century thanks to the father of the Marquis Carlo, who was passionate about enology. But Carlo is the first true winemaker of the family, passionate about great wines for fifty years, he has dedicated almost all of his attention and his time to San Leonardo.
The Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot and Carmenère grapes for the ruby red Terre di San Leonardo wine were carefully harvested and sorted manually. The grapes underwent spontaneous fermentation for 15-18 days in small concrete vats with periodic pumpovers. The wine matured for some months in concrete vats and in French oak barrels.
- Trentino Alto Adige
- Dolomiti I.G.T.
- Wine style
- Dry red wine
- Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Carmenére
- In cement tanks and French oak barriques for a few months.
- Aromas of plum and red fruits that chase hints of mountain herbs and notes of undergrowth and dark spices.
- Soft and balanced. It stands out for its smooth tannic texture and for an elegant fruity and balsamic finish.
- Pairs with
- It goes well with dishes based on red meat or game. Try it with a tasty roast beef in mushroom sauce. Serve at 16-18C.
- 13% vol.
- 0,75 l
- Tenuta San Leonardo
No customer reviews for the moment.