The Antinori family has been committed to the art of winemaking for over six centuries since 1385 when Giovanni di Piero Antinori became a member, of the “Arte Fiorentina dei Vinattieri”, the Florentine Winemakers’ Guild. All throughout its history, twenty-six generations long, the Antinori family has managed the business directly making innovative and sometimes bold decisions while upholding the utmost respect for traditions and the environment.
The climate of the growing season required an intense and careful selection of the grapes both in the vineyard and in the cellars. This rigorous selection assisted in giving an additional quality level to the grapes to be used for Tignanello. Extreme care was given to the freshness of the aromas and to the extraction of color and tannins aimed at the maximum suppleness and elegance during the period of fermentation and skin contact in conical fermenting tanks. Once the wine was run off its skins, it was put through a complete malolactic fermentation in oak barrels in order to heighten to the maximum degree the finesse and the fragrance of the aromas. The twelve to fourteen months aging period then began and took place in French and Hungarian oak barrels. During this phase the wines completed the aging process and were then assembled to create the finished wine just a few months before bottling.
Longevity 15-20 years
- Toscana I.G.T.
- Wine style
- Dry red wine
- Sangiovese, Cabernet Sauvignon, Cabernet Franc
- 14 to 16 months in French and Hungarian oak barrels followed by an additional 12 months in the bottle before being released.in legno e ulteriori 12 mesi in bottiglia.
- Very complex with notes of ripe red fruits such as cherries preserved in spirits, sour cherries, raspberries and plums complement delicate spicy aromas of cloves and licorice; sweet balsamic notes of mint and chocolate complete its complex bouquet.
- It is rich, mouth-filling and vibrant with supple velvety tannins. Its lengthy finish and persistent aftertaste bring back aromatic notes perceived on the nose.
- Pairs with
- Meat ragu, risotto, game, seasoned cheeses or truffles. Serve at 18-20 C.
- 14% vol.
- 0,75 l
No customer reviews for the moment.