Palazzo della Torre - Veronese I.G.T. - Allegrini
Valpolicella is one of the most prestigious winegrowing districts in Italy. The region has been dedicated to viticulture since ancient times, as the etymology of its name confirms: ‘val polis cellae’ - the ‘valley of the many cellars’. The soil is mainly calcareous, and, geologically, scholars believe it dates back to the Jurassic and Cretaceous periods. The climate is generally mild and temperate with between 900 and 1100 mm of rainfall per year.
The Allegrini family has played a leading role in the history of Valpolicella since the sixteenth century and has handed down the culture of the vine and wine ever since. The corporate legacy of Giovanni Allegrini, the driving force behind the rebirth of the Valpolicella area, passed into the hands of the new generations. The company experienced a profound period of transformation starting in the 1960s with Giovanni Allegrini, recognized as one of the greatest architects of the rebirth of Valpolicella. He perfected the art of winemaking, meticulously selecting the grapes and introducing some important innovations in viticulture and oenology.
Allegrini’s properties extend for around 150 hectares in the Valpolicella Classica region. The unique vineyards yield prestigious wines, stemming from the company’s winemaking style and its exclusively estate-grown grapes. Allegrini has achieved Biodiversity Friend certification year on year since 2017.
- Veronese I.G.T.
- Wine style
- Dry red wine
- Corvina, Rondinella, Sangiovese, Corvinone
- 15 months in second-use oak barriques, blended together for 2 months and then bottle-aged for 7 months
- Pristine notes of berries and aromatic herbs
- Full-body and immediate, the texture is built on sweet, smooth tannins subsequently accompanying a long and intriguing finish.
- Pairs with
- Risottos, especially those flavored with saffron, porcini mushrooms and pork; classic dishes such as pasta with Amatriciana and Carbonara sauces, baked lasagna, gnocchi with gorgonzola cheese and walnuts; grilled meats and roasts. Serve at 18 C.
- 13,7% vol.
- 0,75 l
No customer reviews for the moment.