Vorberg 2018 - Alto Adige Terlano D.O.C. - Cantina Terlano
The Pinot Bianco vines for the Vorberg white wine grow in the vineyards of the cooperative on the mountain slopes around Terlano in coarse grains of silicious stone and sand. The vineyards are located at between 250 and 900 meters above sea-level on a bed of striking red porphyry, an igneous rock with large mineral inclusions known as quartz porphyry in geological terminology. This terroir is home to salty wines with a fine tension to intrigue the palate plus outstanding longevity. The south-facing slopes receive maximum sunshine. Under these almost Mediterranean conditions the winery makes a series of world class wines.
This is a winery dedicated to the highest level of quality in wine production. The grapes were manually harvested followed by a careful selection of the grapes. The whole clusters were gently pressed and the must clarified by natural sedimentation; slow fermentation at a controlled temperature in big oak barrels (30 hl); malolactic fermentation and ageing on the lees in traditional wooden barrels for 12 months.
This is a wine that will develop and improve by cellaring for a few years.
Longevity 10-15 years.
- Trentino Alto Adige
- Alto Adige Terlano D.O.C.
- Wine style
- Dry white wine
- Pinot Bianco
- On the lees in traditional wooden barrels for 12 months.
- Ripe fruit, including honeydew melon, white peach, pear and Golden Delicious apple, together with the aromas of quince jelly and dried fruit such as pear, orange and pineapple.
- Fruity aromatic and salty components is repeated on the palate, where the soft and creamy elements gain greater strength with a lingering, firmly minerally and spicy character on the aftertaste.
- Pairs with
- Ideal in combination with a spicy fish soup, mussels in a pepper sauce and spaghetti allo scoglio as well as mussels au gratin, grilled ink fish and poached char. Serve at 12 - 14 °C
- 14% Vol.
- 0,75 l
- Cantina Terlano
No customer reviews for the moment.