Leonia Pomino Brut - Frescobaldi
The history of the Frescobaldi family starts over a thousand years ago and is closely connected with the history of Tuscany. At the high point of medieval Florence, the Frescobaldi spread their influence as bankers. Later, with the flowering of the Renaissance, they became patrons of major works in Florence. For generations creativity and a quest for excellence have inspired the Frescobaldi family, who has always looked to develop and celebrate the diversity of Tuscany’s terroir. Being proud owners of some of the greatest vineyards and of 7 wineries in Tuscany, they have always sought to maintain the identity and autonomy of each estate.
The estate of Pomino dates from 1500, the year the castle of the same name was built, and from the beginning has been famous for the excellence of its location. In the documentation from the year 1716 when the Grand Duke Cosimo III de’ Medici identified the four most highly prized territories of Tuscany for the production of wines – the notice is considered the precursor of the modern “DOC” (Denominazione di Origine Controllata, or Controlled Designation of Origin) – the territory of Pomino is listed alongside Chianti, Carmignano and Val d’Arno di Sopra. At the World’s Fair of 1873 in Vienna the wines of Pomino won awards, and in 1878 took the gold medal at the World’s Fair in Paris, the highest international recognition of its time.
- Pomino Spumante Bianco D.O.C.
- Wine style
- White sparkling wine Brut - Metodo Classico
- Chardonnay, Pinot nero
- Ageing on the fine lees in the bottle for 36 months and after the dégorgement followed by a period of bottle maturation.
- The bouquet is very complex and is initially dominated by notes of cedar and bergamot, while hints of passion fruit blend with floral notes of iris, acacia and orange blossom. The finish explodes with hints of pastry and bread crust.
- In the mouth it is clean, fresh and minerally, and the final taste is very persistent.
- Pairs with
- Excellent as an aperitif. Perfect to accompany appetizers or combination with dishes based on fish. Serving temperature 6-8 ° C.
- 12,5% vol.
- 0,75 l
No customer reviews for the moment.