Giulio Ferrari - Riserva del Fondatore - Trento D.O.C. - Ferrari
The legend of Ferrari began with a man, Giulio Ferrari, and his dream of creating a wine in Trentino capable of competing with the best French Champagnes. He was a pioneer when he in 1902 was the first to realize the extraordinary vocation of his area, and it was he who first made substantial plantings of Chardonnay in Italy.
The Ferrari philosophy - a constant quest for quality and attention to detail during the entire production process from the vineyard to the table - Ferrari has made one of Italy's leading producers of Metodo Classico sparkling wines. For this reason, every bottle provides a unique experience - a made in Italy wine - an icon of style that wins you over from the very first sip.
The production is based on a profound link with the territory and respect for the land in every single operation. All of Ferrari's wines are Trento.doc certified and are produced exclusively from grapes grown in Trentino at high altitudes using sustainable farming methods. With its mountain viticulture, Trentino is an area that is extraordinarily suited to the production of sparkling wines of great elegance and complexity: the alternation of warm days and cool nights add quality to the grapes, giving them a wide specter of different flavors and fragrances.
The Chardonnay vines for the Giulio Ferrari Riserva sparkling wine grow in the mountain vineyards around Trento at altitudes of up to 600 meters. The grapes come from a careful selection of the grapes. The ripe grapes were picked by hand and taken to the winery, where they were gently pressed. This was followed by the first fermentation in stainless steel tanks, from which derive aromas reminiscent of those of the chardonnay grape. After the creation of the cuvée blend, the wine was bottled and enriched with sugars and selected yeasts followed by the second fermentation which lasted at least 10 years. After the disgorgement of the wine rested for a period in the bottles prior to release.
- Trentino Alto Adige
- Trento D.O.C.
- Wine style
- Sparkling Wine Brut - Metodo Classico
- A minimum of 10 years on the lees in the bottles.
- A bouquet of rare intensity and fragrance, in which the fruity varietal characteristics are in perfect harmony with suggestions of honey, combined with notes of white chocolate, spices and citrus fruits.
- Elegant and well-balanced, with a velvety body and complex fruit: the nuances of acacia honey and hay blend well with the floral notes. The overall impact is aristocratic and of remarkable persistence.
- Pairs with
- A great sparkling wine for an aperitif or to accompany an entire meal, a great all-rounder. Serve at 8-10 C.
- 12,5% vol.
- 0,75 l
- Cantina Ferrari
No customer reviews for the moment.