Terre della Baronia Rosso - Magnum - Sicilia D.O.P. - Az. Agr. Milazzo
The Milazzo family way of “winemaking” is the tireless work in the vineyard. The natural meticulous improvement in the vine types is the fruit of a route that started out over fifty years ago and is still travelling on today: the search for the perfect combination between selecting the clones, the choice of the subsoils and the microclimate’s characteristics in each part of the vineyards. Milazzo's organic certification shows the commitment as winemakers to produce quality wines that also attests the responsibility for the environment.
The vines for the Terre Della Baronia Rosso have an age of more than 15 years and grow at 400 meters above sea level in Milazzo’s Munti vineyard on the hills to the north-east of Campobello di Licata in southern Sicily. A grape growing area with a colorful mosaic of soils and the influence of a typical Mediterranean climate that make wines with such an identity and an original character.
The grapes were harvested manually and carefully sorted. Following a gentle destemming and a cold maceration for about 24-48 hours the grape juice was placed in vertical fermenters with daily mechanic pumping to better extract colour and aromas form the skins. After the fermentation the wine was matured for about 24 months - partly in stainless steel vats partly in oak barriques – and after this for minimum 6 months in the bottles.
Longevity 10-15 years
- Sicilia D.O.P.
- Wine style
- Dry red wine
- Nero d’Avola and some Perricone
- 24 months partly in stainless steel vats partly in oak barriques – minimum 6 months in the bottle.
- Starts with mineral notes of stone, sweets notes of plum, ripen ribes and sourcherry follow. Spicy, vegetal aromatic tones and elegant boisè notes show up in the finale.
- Warm on the palate. Sweet tannins, good balance and long lingering in the mouth.
- Pairs with
- Starters with meat and vegetables, grilled meats, roasted meats, game and cheases of medium maturation. Serving temperature 16-18° C
- 14,5% vol.
- 1,5 l.
- Azienda Agricola Milazzo
No customer reviews for the moment.