Amarone Della Valpolicella Classico D.O.C.G. 2018 - Allegrini
The Valpolicella, one of the most prestigious areas of the Italian wine scene, has been a land dedicated to viticulture since ancient times, as confirmed by the etymology of its name: "val polis cellae" means, in fact, "the valley of the many wineries“. It is located in western Veneto, between Verona and Lake Garda. The nature of the land is predominantly calcareous from a geological point of view.
The Allegrini family has played a leading role in the history of Valpolicella since the 16th century and has passed on the culture of wine-making from generation to generation, and thanks to the knowledge gained through years of experimentation and research, has perfected a style of Amarone able to maintain and enhance the integrity of the fruit.
The vines for the Amarone della Valpolicella Classico red wine grow in Allegrini’s vineyards outside Fumane in the Northern part of the Valpolicella region in a hilly area at an altitude of 450-520 m. where the climate is generally mild and temperate.
The best grapes were hand-picked, carefully sorted and placed in small cases and left to dry naturally for 3-4 months in the drying facility where the grapes lose 40-45% of their original weight. Following de-stemming and a soft-pressing in early January, the grapes were fermented in temperature controlled stainless steel tanks for 25 days with daily periodic pumping over. The grape types were fermented separately then aged for 18 months in oak barrels, then blended together and aged in oak barrels for another 7 months, before bottle ageing for 14 months.
Longevity – more than 20 years.
- Amarone Della Valpolicella Classico D.O.C.G.
- Wine style
- Dry red wine
- Corvina Veronese, Corvinone, Rondinella, Oseleta
- 18 months in oak barrels, then blended together and aged for another for 7 months in the barrels, followed by 14 months in the bottles.
- Great aromatic intensity of dark fruit and undergrowth, together with spicy and tobacco notes.
- Powerful and vigorous, with the wine gradually tapering on the acidic and savoury momentum, extending gently with a clean, dry finish.
- Pairs with
- Traditionally enjoyed with game, roasted and grilled meats, casseroles and well matured cheeses. Excellent with hearty dishes. Serve at 18 °C.
- 15,8% vol.
- 0,75 l
No customer reviews for the moment.