Il Seggio - Bolgheri D.O.C. - Poggio al Tesoro
The Allegrini family has played a leading role in the history of Valpolicella since the sixteenth century and has handed down the culture of the vine and wine ever since. The corporate legacy of Giovanni Allegrini, the driving force behind the rebirth of the Valpolicella area, passed into the hands of the new generations. The company experienced a profound period of transformation starting in the 1960s with Giovanni Allegrini, recognized as one of the greatest architects of the rebirth of Valpolicella. He perfected the art of winemaking, meticulously selecting the grapes and introducing some important innovations in viticulture and oenology.
The grapes for the Il Seggio grow in various Allegrini vineyards in the municipality of Castagneto Carducci near the sea in western Tuscany. The wine takes its name from the river running through the fields - Il Seggio.
The grapes were carefully harvested and selected followed by de-stemming and then softly pressed to partially rupture of the berries. Fermentation to place in temperature controlled stainless steel tanks and the wine aged for 15 months in French oak barriques.
- Bolgheri D.O.C.
- Wine style
- Dry red wine
- Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon, Cabernet Franc, Petit Verdot
- 15 months in French oak barriques
- Fresh and crunchy fruit, enriched with mineral and spicy notes.
- Medium bodied with red berry notes. The tannins are elegant, silky, enveloping and very soft. The finish is precise, clean and lively.
- Pairs with
- Meat ragu, risotto, game, seasoned cheeses or truffles. Serve at 18-20 C.
- 14,5% vol.
- 0,75 l
- Poggio al Tesoro
No customer reviews for the moment.