Berlucchi '61 Brut (Magnum) - Franciacorta D.O.C.G. - Guido Berlucchi
Franciacorta entered history as early as the Lombard period in the 8th century AD where this blessed region was used for winemaking. It has morainic soils, a mild climate tempered by the Lago d’Iseo, and cool breezes from the Val Camonica creating optimal conditions for growing high-quality grapes.
The Chardonnay and Pinot Noir vines for the Berlucchi 61 grow in the Berlucchi vineyards located all over the Franciacorta region to the west of Brescia in Lombardia.
The grapes were selected from the best vineyards in the 19 municipal areas of Franciacorta and sorted followed by a gentle, gradual pressing of clusters with fractioning of the must. The first fermentation took place in steel tanks.
Following the assemblage of the cuvée in the spring following harvest the second fermentation took place in the bottles with maturation on the lees for a minimum of 24 months followed by an additional 2 months in the bottles after disgorgement.
Longevity 3-5 years.
- Franciacorta D.O.C.G.
- Wine style
- White sparkling wine Brut - Methodo Classico
- Chardonnay 90% and Pinot Nero 10%
- Maturation on the lees in the bottles for a minimum of 24 months followed by an additional 2 months in the bottles after disgorgement.
- Crisp, rich and elegant, fairly lengthy, with apple and pear fruit and a pleasing citrus hint in the finish.
- Displays exceptional freshness and zesty acidity with a velvet texture and fine balance, concluding with appealing notes of citrus.
- Pairs with
- As aperitif and throughout the meal, pairs beautifully with typical recipes of the Franciacorta area. Goes well with dishes based on rice, pasta, white meats, fresh and medium-aged cheeses. Serve at 6-8 C.
- 12,5% Vol.
- 1,5 lt.
- Guido Berlucchi
No customer reviews for the moment.