Duca di Montalbo 1999 - Sicilia I.G.T. - Azienda Agricola G. Milazzo
The Milazzo family way of “winemaking” is the tireless work in the vineyard. The natural meticulous improvement in the vine types is the fruit of a route that started out over fifty years ago and is still travelling on today: the search for the perfect combination between selecting the clones, the choice of the subsoils and the microclimate’s characteristics in each part of the vineyards. Milazzo's organic certification shows the commitment as winemakers to produce quality wines that also attest the responsibility for the environment.
The very old Nero d’Avola and Nero Cappuccio grapes for the Duca di Montalbo red wine grow in selected plots in Milazzo’s Milici and Montalbo vineyards at 400 metres altitude in the South of Sicily on the hills to the north-east of Campobello di Licata, on a plateau, where the soil is marl in origin with high clay component strongly calcareous.
The grape clusters manually harvested and carefully sorted followed by gently destemming with a final selection of the berries. The grapes were then transferred in into stainless steel fermenters for 30 days, in order to complete the alcoholic fermentation. The wine was transferred to French oak barriques for refining and maturation for 48 months followed by minimum 2 years maturation in the bottles
- Sicilia I.G.T.
- Wine style
- Dry red wine
- Selection of Nero d’Avola and Nero Cappuccio grapes.
- 48 months in oak-barriques followed by a minimum 2 years maturation in the bottles.
- Intense, rich of tertiary aromas but at the same time contained and well preserved, with evident spicy notes of tobacco, pepper corn, balsamic hints, intertwined with primary wild cherries.
- The mouthfeel is warm, full with well-rounded tannins. The wine has a surprisingly long finish.
- Pairs with
- Ideal for the special moments. A meditation wine or serve it with robust red meats, roasts, game and mature cheeses. Serve at a temperature of 18-20 C.
- 13,5% vol.
- 1,5 l.
- Azienda Agricola Milazzo
No customer reviews for the moment.