San Lorenzo 2021 - Etna Rosso D.O.C. - Tenuta Delle Terre Nere
The Nerello Mascalese and Nerello Cappuccio vines for the San Lorenzo red wine have an age of between 70 and 100 years and grow in Tenuta delle Terre Nere’s San Lorenzo vineyard in Contrada San Lorenzo near Randazzo on the northern slopes of the Mount Etna at an altitude of 800-900 meters.
The almost pure volcanic sand in the terroir in Contrada San Lorenzo originate from lava flows and volcanoclastic deposits related to volcanic activity, which dates back from 60,000 to 15,000 years ago.
The grapes were harvested manually and carefully sorted. Following a gentle destemming and a cold maceration the wine was fermented under controlled temperature. After fermentation the wine underwent spontaneous malolactic fermentation and ageing in French oak barriques for 16-18 months. Following additional ageing in stainless steel tanks for a month the wine was bottled.
Longevity 10-15 years
- Etna Rosso D.O.C.
- Wine style
- Dry red wine
- Nerello mascalese, Nerello cappuccio
- Bottling after 14 months of wood ageing and 1 month in steel tanks.
- Penetrating bouquet, rich ripe fruit and spice.
- Structured, full and complex, with smooth tannic feel
- Pairs with
- Meat and seasoned cheese. Suggested serving temperature 18-20 °C
- 14% Vol.
- 0,75 l
- Tenuta Delle Terre Nere
No customer reviews for the moment.