CastelGiocondo 2016 - Brunello Di Montalcino D.O.C.G. - Frescobaldi
The history of the Frescobaldi family starts over a thousand years ago and is closely connected with the history of Tuscany. At the high point of medieval Florence, the Frescobaldi spread their influence as bankers. Later, with the flowering of the Renaissance, they became patrons of major works in Florence. For generations creativity and a quest for excellence have inspired the Frescobaldi family, who has always looked to develop and celebrate the diversity of Tuscany’s terroir. Being proud owners of some of the greatest vineyards and of 7 wineries in Tuscany, they have always sought to maintain the identity and autonomy of each estate.
CastelGiocondo is produced from an uncompromising selection of the finest Sangiovese grapes, grown in vineyards to the south-west of Montalcino situated at an altitude of around 300 metres, an ideal terroir for the production of Sangiovese.
The Malolactic fermentation was done immediately after the alcoholic fermentation followed by maturation in Slavonian oak casks and in French oak barrels – overall maturation 2-3 years in wood barrel and 4 months in the bottle. This vintage was considered the best ever from the Winery.
Longevity 10-15 years.
- Brunello Di Montalcino D.O.C.G.
- Wine style
- Dry red wine
- In wood barrels for four years followed by a year in the bottle.
- Elegant with fruity sensations that pervade the nose. Hints of forest fruits and ripe red berries, accompanied by elegant floral notes.
- Dense yet elegant tannic texture that, together with its characteristic mineral quality, envelops the palate. The finish is long, warming and persistent, with resurging hints of sweet spices and balsamic notes.
- Pairs with
- Red meat, game, tasty roasts or seasoned cheeses. Serve at 16-18 C.
- 14,5% Vol.
- 0,75 l
No customer reviews for the moment.