Solaia 1999 - Toscana I.G.T. - Marchesi Antinori
The Antinori family has been committed to the art of winemaking for over six centuries since 1385 when Giovanni di Piero Antinori became a member, of the “Arte Fiorentina dei Vinattieri”, the Florentine Winemakers’ Guild. All throughout its history, twenty-six generations long, the Antinori family has managed the business directly making innovative and sometimes bold decisions while upholding the utmost respect for traditions and the environment.
Solaia is a 20 hectare vineyard with a southwestern exposure located at an altitude between 350-400 meters above sea level and with a stony soil of hard limestone and flaky calcareous clay rock. The vineyard is located at the Tignanello estate. The Antinori family produced this wine for the first time in the year 1978. In the following years certain adjustments were made in the rapport between Cabernet Sauvignon, Cabernet Franc and Sangiovese grapes until the current blend was settled upon. Solaia is produced only in exceptional vintages.
Longevity 15-20 years.
- Toscana I.G.T.
- Wine style
- Dry red wine
- 75% Cabernet Sauvignon; 5% Cabernet Franc; 20% Sangiovese
- 12 months in new oak-barrels followed by 12 months in the bottles.
- The nose expresses a large well-structured bouquet. The aromas of the fruit are in perfect harmony with the notes of vanilla and chocolate.
- It is powerful, supported by an evident tannic texture, but at the same time soft and very persistent. The aromas of ripe fruit, blackberry and cherry make up an intense aftertaste with an almost endless finish.
- Pairs with
- Enjoy with red meat, game, tasty roasts or seasoned cheeses. Serve at 18-20 C.
- 13,5% vol.
- 0,75 l
No customer reviews for the moment.