Santa Maria 2022 - Morellino Di Scansano D.O.C.G. - Frescobaldi
The history of the Frescobaldi family starts over a thousand years ago and is closely connected with the history of Tuscany. At the high point of medieval Florence, the Frescobaldi spread their influence as bankers. Later, with the flowering of the Renaissance, they became patrons of major works in Florence. For generations creativity and a quest for excellence have inspired the Frescobaldi family, who has always looked to develop and celebrate the diversity of Tuscany’s terroir. Being proud owners of some of the greatest vineyards and of 7 wineries in Tuscany, they have always sought to maintain the identity and autonomy of each estate.
The Sangiovese and Cabernet Sauvignon vines for the Santa Maria red wine grow in the vineyards at Frescobaldi’s winery near Grosseto in Tuscany. The grapes were harvested by hand, sorted and destalked followed by 11 days fermentation on the skins. The wine was matured for 12 months in stainless steel tanks followed by 2 months in the bottles.
- Morellino Di Scansano D.O.C.G.
- Wine style
- Dry red wine
- Sangiovese, Cabernet Sauvignon
- 12 months in stainless steel tanks.
- Intense fruity notes of cherry, plum and wild strawberry developing into delicate citrus notes that are accompanied by hints of spiciness.
- It is lively and fresh with soft tannins. It is characterized by a warm harmonious and persistent taste.
- Pairs with
- Stewed meats such as rabbit or chicken, but also excellent with medium-aged cheeses – serve at 18-20 C
- 13% vol.
- 0,75 l
No customer reviews for the moment.