Piano dei Daini 2018 - Etna Bianco D.O.C. - Tenute Bosco
The Carricante vines for the Piano dei Daini Etna Bianco wine grow in the volcanic sand in the Tenute Bosco vineyards on the northern slopes of Mount Etna near Castiglione di Sicilia at an altitude of 700 m. Some of the vines are pre-phylloxera vines - more than 120 years old. The mineral composition of the sandy soil makes it permeable, ideal for oxygen and water circulation, also in deep layers.
The grapes were manually harvested followed by a careful selection of the grapes. Following a soft pressing the juice was separated from the skins. The vinification took place at a controlled temperature between 15 -17 C for at least 10 days. The wine was matured in steel vats and oak barrels (500 liters Tonneau mildly toasted french oak) for at least four months keeping the fine lees in suspension. It remained for a minimum of 2 months in the bottle.
Longevity is 3-5 years.
- Etna Bianco D.O.C.
- Wine style
- Dry white wine
- 90% Carricante, the rest Catarratto, Grecanico, Inzolia.
- In steel vats and oak barrels for at least four months keeping the fine lees in suspension. It remains for a minimum of 2 months in the bottle.
- Beautiful and deep floral, mineral, fruity notes.
- Hay embellished with citrus groves, fresh and firm, good persistence.
- Pairs with
- Ideal as an aperitif, with rich fish appetizers, typical Sicilian dishes such as couscous and vegetarian dishes. Service temperature 8-10 C.Temperatura di servizio 8-10 C.
- 14,5% vol.
- 0,75 l.
- Tenute Bosco
No customer reviews for the moment.