BC Bianco di Cerasa - Azienda Agricola Guccione
Francesco Guccione’s production philosophy is to look after and enhance the four elements contributing in making a wine unique. Soil - Heat - Water - Light with conscious involvement adding the fifth, the work of the winemaker. It is of great importance that the ﬁnal product reﬂects the terroir in a genuine and sincere way.
The Trebbiano and Catarratto vines for the BC Bianco di Cerasa white wine have an age of 10 to 25 years and grow in the argillaceous marl vineyards in Contrada Cerasa situated near Monreale to the south-west of Palermo in Western Sicily at an altitude of 480 m.
The grapes were manually harvested, sorted, and destemmed followed by fermentation using indigenous yeasts in big stainless steel tanks. The wine was aged in big wooden casks.
The winemaking is to intervene the least amount possible, simply accompanying the natural transformation of the sugars to alcohol using only the indigenous yeasts present on the skin of the grapes, of the must to wine, preserving the natural bouquet of scents and flavours obtaining a wine as faithful to the vintage, terroir and the work in the vineyard as possible. The wine is not filtered, but made 100% with biodynamic cultivation without chemical additives, be it in the vineyard, be it in the vinification.
Longevity 5-10 years.
- Wine style
- Dry white wine
- 50% Trebbiano - 50% Catarratto
- Ageing in big wooden casks
- The nose shows citrus notes in the first place, followed by fruity hints and small ethereal hints.
- Good smoothness and softness in the mouth with a nice balance. Excellent finish based on citrus and exotic notes. Complex and rich, captivates by its character. The Trebbiano gives the wine freshness, the Catarratto the spicy touch.
- Pairs with
- Ideal to serve with hors d'oeuvres and white meats, it is perfect to accompany risottos, dishes based on fish and shellfish. Serve at 12-16 °C.
- 13,5% vol.
- 0,75 l.
- Azienda Agricola Guccione
No customer reviews for the moment.