Ben Ryé - Passito di Pantelleria - Donnafugata (0,375 l)
The Zibibbo vines for the Ben Ryè passito grow in various Donnafugata vineyards in the volcanic sandy soil at altitudes ranging from 20 to 400 m on the island of Pantelleria located between Sicily and Africa. The vines have various ages, some more than 100 years old.
The grapes were manually harvested and carefully sorted at Donnafugata’s Khamma winery on Pantelleria. Part of the grapes were left to dry to increase the concentration of sugar and aromas. The fermentation took place in stainless steel tanks at controlled temperatures; the dried grapes – added to the fresh must in several batches – were de-stemmed and selected by hand. During maceration, the dried grapes release their extraordinary legacy of sweetness, freshness and a very personal aroma. Ageing took place in stainless steel tanks for 7 months and at least 12 months in the bottles before being released to the market.
Longevity - over 30 years.
- Passito Di Pantelleria D.O.C.
- Wine style
- White sweet wine
- Zibibbo (Moscato di Alessandria)
- In stainless steel tanks for 8 months and at least 12 months in the bottles
- The nose offers a fragrant and complex bouquet, with notes of fresh apricot and orange zest combined with scents of Mediterranean scrub (thyme and rosemary).
- Great freshness and intensity, with a pleasant sweetness balanced by great minerality and lively sapidity. It finishes with a lingering persistence, with a satisfying return of the fruity note.
- Pairs with
- Try it with caramelized duck, foie gras and blue cheeses. Extraordinary alone, as a meditation wine. Serve at 12-14° C
- 14,5 % vol.
- 0,375 l
No customer reviews for the moment.