Ferrari Perlè - Trento D.O.C. - Ferrari
The legend of Ferrari began with a man, Giulio Ferrari, and his dream of creating a wine in Trentino capable of competing with the best French Champagnes. He was a pioneer when he in 1902 was the first to realize the extraordinary vocation of his area, and it was he who first made substantial plantings of Chardonnay in Italy.
The Ferrari philosophy - a constant quest for quality and attention to detail during the entire production process from the vineyard to the table - has made Ferrari one of Italy’s leading producers of Metodo Classico sparkling wines. For this reason, every bottle provides a unique experience - a Made in Italy wine – an icon of style that wins you over from the very first sip.
The production is based on a profound link with the territory and respect for the land in every single operation. All of Ferrari’s wines are Trentodoc certified and are produced exclusively from grapes grown in Trentino at high altitudes using sustainable farming methods. With its mountain viticulture, Trentino is an area that is extraordinarily suited to the production of sparkling wines of great elegance and complexity: the alternation of warm days and cool nights add quality to the grapes, giving them a wide specter of different flavours and fragrances.
The Chardonnay vines for the Perlè sparkling wine grow in the mountain vineyards around Trento. The ripe grapes were picked by hand and taken to the winery, where they were gently pressed. This was followed by the first fermentation in stainless steel tanks, from which derive aromas reminiscent of those of the grape variety. After the creation of the cuvée blend, the wine was bottled and enriched with sugars and selected yeasts followed by the second fermentation which lasted at least 5 years. After the dègorgement the wine rested for a period in the bottles prior to release. This lengthy process created a deep yellow sparkling wine with an extremely fine and persistent perlage.
Longevity 10-15 years.
- Trentino Alto Adige
- Trento D.O.C.
- Wine style
- White sparkling wine Brut - Metodo Classico
- 2015 - Sboccatura 2020
- A minimum of 5 years on the lees in the bottles.
- A particularly fine, intense bouquet, with hints of almond blossom and reinette apples; slightly spicy and with a hint of bread crust.
- Seductive and elegant, with a very persistent velvety texture, in which one finds a light fruity note of ripe apples, pleasant hints of yeast and sweet almonds and a faintly aromatic quality that is typical of Chardonnay.
- Pairs with
- A wine for special occations. Excellent as an aperitif. Perfect to accompany appetizers. It is recommended in combination with dishes based on fish. Serving temperature 8-10 °C.
- 12,5% vol.
- 0,75 l.
- Cantina Ferrari
No customer reviews for the moment.