Berlucchi '61 Satèn - Franciacorta DOCG - Guido Berlucchi
Franciacorta entered history as early as the Lombard period in the 8th century AD where this blessed region was used for winemaking. It has morainic soils, a mild climate tempered by the Lago d’Iseo, and cool breezes from the Val Camonica creating optimal conditions for growing high-quality grapes. The Berlucchi family was one of the pioneers in producing a sparkling wine in theis region, and after some less-than-satisfactory vintages, 1961 finally saw the corking of the first Pinot di Franciacorta and the Franciacorta wine was born!
Today, Franciacorta is a vine-carpeted garden with more than 100 producers and comprising 2,900 hectares in 19 communes, with its of vineyards planted 80% to Chardonnay and the remaining 20% to Pinot Noir and Pinot Bianco, two noble varieties that, respectively, give to Franciacortas their elegance and personality. Berlucchi’s vineyards, now totally converted to organic viticulture, cover over 500 hectares, between estate vineyards and those managed for long-term growers.
- Franciacorta D.O.C.G.
- Wine style
- White sparkling wine brut, Metodo Classico
- Maturation on the lees for a minimum of 24 months in the bottles followed by an additional 2 months after disgorgement.
- Elegant, rich and multi-layered with fragrances of peach, apricot and tropical fruit, gradually more emphatic, before yielding to notes of candied citrus fruit.
- Tangy acidity and savoury flavours with a full, firm structure. The clean-cut, lingering finish complements a wine of rare pleasure.
- Pairs with
- Perfect as an aperitif, it is ideal with light risottos and fish dishes. Recommended smoked ham and medium-matured cheeses. Serving temperature 6-8 °C.
- 12,5% Vol.
- 0,75 l.
- Guido Berlucchi
No customer reviews for the moment.