Berlucchi '61 Rosé - Franciacorta DOCG - Guido Berlucchi
Franciacorta entered history as early as the Lombard period in the 8th century AD where this blessed region was used for winemaking. It has morainic soils, a mild climate tempered by the Lago d’Iseo, and cool breezes from the Val Camonica creating optimal conditions for growing high-quality grapes. The Berlucchi family was one of the pioneers in producing a sparkling wine in theis region, and after some less-than-satisfactory vintages, 1961 finally saw the corking of the first Pinot di Franciacorta and the Franciacorta wine was born!
Today, Franciacorta is a vine-carpeted garden with more than 100 producers and comprising 2,900 hectares in 19 communes, with its of vineyards planted 80% to Chardonnay and the remaining 20% to Pinot Noir and Pinot Bianco, two noble varieties that, respectively, give to Franciacortas their elegance and personality. Berlucchi’s vineyards, now totally converted to organic viticulture, cover over 500 hectares, between estate vineyards and those managed for long-term growers.
- Franciacorta D.O.C.G.
- Wine style
- Rosè sparkling wine brut, Metodo Classico
- Pinot Nero (60%) and Chardonnay (40%)
- Maturation on the lees for a minimum of 24 months in the bottles followed by an additional 2 months after disgorgement.
- Elegant hints of wild berries and ripe fruit, nicely blended with subtle nuances of yeast and crusty bread. Heady, warm quality from the brief Pinot Nero maceration on the skins during vinification.
- Refined and elegant with exceptional acidity and full body. The acidity is balanced well by the medium sugar content..
- Pairs with
- Perfect as an aperitif, it also pairs well with various cold meat cuts, full-flavoured starters and matured cheeses. Pairing with shellfish enhances its impressive structure. Serving temperature 6-8 °C.
- 12,5% Vol.
- 0,75 l
- Guido Berlucchi
No customer reviews for the moment.