Berlucchi '61 Nature - Franciacorta DOCG - Guido Berlucchi

Berlucchi '61 Nature from famous producer Guido Berlucchi. A pas-dosage sparkling wine made from Chardonnay and Pinot Nero grapes. The wine has matured for a minimum of 60 months on the lees in the bottles. It is a straw-yellow wine with creamy mousse and slender, sinuous bead of fine bubbles. It is an elegant and finely balanced wine with a lovely bouquet with notes of ripe plum and lime blossom.

19,40€

040-120

3 Items

Data sheet

ProducerGuido Berlucchi
RegionLombardia
ClassificationFranciacorta D.O.C.G.
Wine styleWhite sparkling wine brut, Metodo Classico
Grapes Chardonnay (70%) and Pinot Nero (30%)
Vintage2012
MaturationMaturation on the lees for a minimum of 60 months in the bottles followed by an additional 6 months after disgorgement.
BouquetBroad and deep, with notes of ripe plum and lime blossom, and evolved impressions of caramelized hazelnut.
TasteElegance and fine balance are the hallmarks of the palate, which showcases both a velvety smoothness and a well-calibrated acidity. The finish is impressively satisfying, with a near-tactile consistency lifted by a delicate bead.
Pairs withIt is recommended for all courses of a meal, in particular with elaborate antipasti, with main courses of fish, veal, and poultry, and with medium-aged cheeses. Serving temperature 10-12°C.
Alcohol12,5% Vol.
Volume0,75 l

More info

Franciacorta entered history as early as the Lombard period in the 8th century AD where this blessed region was used for winemaking. It has morainic soils, a mild climate tempered by the Lago d’Iseo, and cool breezes from the Val Camonica creating optimal conditions for growing high-quality grapes. The Berlucchi family was one of the pioneers in producing a sparkling wine in theis region, and after some less-than-satisfactory vintages, 1961 finally saw the corking of the first Pinot di Franciacorta and the Franciacorta wine was born!

Today, Franciacorta is a vine-carpeted garden with more than 100 producers and comprising 2,900 hectares in 19 communes, with its of vineyards planted 80% to Chardonnay and the remaining 20% to Pinot Noir and Pinot Bianco, two noble varieties that, respectively, give to Franciacortas their elegance and personality. Berlucchi’s vineyards, now totally converted to organic viticulture, cover over 500 hectares, between estate vineyards and those managed for long-term growers.

Download

Related Products

CALL:

+39 0932 955990
+39 3394010500

Newsletter

Get our Offers