Syrah di Macellarotto 2017 - Sicilia D.O.C. - Azienda Agricola Case Alte
For three generations the Vaccaro family has been producing wine in Camporeale, a small farming town in the province of Palermo; a hilly area characterized by particularly favorable soil and climatic conditions that give rise to an extraordinary production of wines with excellent organoleptic characteristics.
In 2010 the family built a small new winery to produce wine that expresses and shows the love for their land and for their vineyards with particular attention to issues of sustainability and of organic farming, but without forgetting the history and the care that previous generations have dedicated to every single bunch of grapes.
The syrah vines for the Syrah di Macellarotto red wine have an age of 20 years and grow in vineyards with mainly clayish and sandy soil in a hilly terrain at an altitude of 500 m. in the Contrada Macellarotto at a short distance from the sea near the north coast of Sicily.
The grapes were manually harvested in small crates. After a further selection the grape bunches were de-stemmed and lightly crushed. The grape mix was transferred to stainless steel tanks for maceration and fermentation for 10-12 days under temperature-control, with regular punching of the must in order to have optimum extraction of the substances in the skins. The wine matured for 12 months in French oak casks and twelve months in the bottles.
Longevity 10-15 years.
- Sicilia D.O.C.
- Wine style
- Dry red wine
- 12 months in French oak casks, 12 months in bottle before release.
- Bouquet Balance between fruity notes of blackberry and black currant and classic notes spicy black pepper and graphite.
- Very broad, with very fine tannins supported by good acidity which gives great balance and length to the finish.
- Pairs with
- A full-bodied wine that will match well with grilled red meats or spicy-rich starters. Serving temperature 16-18 °C.
- 14,5% Vol.
- 0,75 l
- Azienda Agricola Case Alte
No customer reviews for the moment.