Floramundi - Cerasuolo di Vittoria D.O.C.G. - Donnafugata
Donnafugata’s wine production philosophy is to offer the world wines distinguished by pleasantness and complexity, wines that are capable of captivating and making happy those who taste them. They want to represent the excellence of Made in Italy, wines that represent an innovative and forward thinking Sicily and produced with respect for the environment.
The Nero d’Avola and Frappato vines for the Floramundi red wine grow in Donnafugata’s vineyards at an altitude of 120-150 m in south-east Sicily, in the territory of Acate. The soils tend towards sandy interspersed with a substratum of calcareous tuff and medium-textured clayey soils,
Grapes were harvested fully ripe by hand followed by careful selection of the grapes in the vineyard. Fermentation in stainless steel tanks with maceration on the skins for about 10 days at a temperature of 25-28 °C. After the malolactic fermentation the ageing took place in steel tanks for 8 months and then in the bottles for at least 7 months.
Longevity 4- 5 years.
- Cerasuolo di Vittoria D.O.C.G.
- Wine style
- Dry red wine
- Nero d'Avola and Frappato
- In stainless steel tanks for 8 months and then in bottle for at least 7 months.
- Opens with delicate flowery nuances and characteristic spicy notes of black pepper.
- Freshness and softness that make it juicy and a real pleasure to drink. Fine and well integrated tannins.
- Pairs with
- It pairs fine with tasty pasta dishes and grilled meat. Also fine with red tuna steak, amberjack or fish baked in the oven. Serve at 15-16°C.
- 13% vol.
- 0,75 l.
No customer reviews for the moment.