PianoAlto 1996 - Barbera D' Asti Superiore D.O.C. - Cantina Bava
The history of the Bava Family starts in Cocconato, a village that rises steeply up the hillsides of the Monferrato Astigiano in Piemonte. The Bava Family has grown grape vines in this territory since 1600 and in 1911 in the very same area the family built their first wine cellar.
Since then, over a hundred vintages have gone by, with four generations following one another. The best Bava Barberas are renowned in the world thanks to their high quality.
Today, the family estate extends in Monferrato and Langa, with fifty hectares of vineyards and twenty hectares of natural fields and woods, cultivated with the same awareness, care and attention of the olden times resulting in a sustainable agriculture with a reduced environmental impact.
- Barbera d'Asti Superiore D.O.C.
- Wine style
- Dry red wine
- 18 months in large wooden vats followed by a long ageing in bottle before being released.
- Intense and complex bouquet, in which the fruity notes are prevailing, particularly of a pulpy heart of fleshy and ripe currant and the spices like pepper and tobacco.
- Harmonic and soft; the wooden ageing gives it balance and grandeor – two elements that indicate a great longevity.
- Pairs with
- Game, lamb, red meat or mature cheeses. Serve at 16-18 C.
- 14% vol.
- 0,75 l
- Cantina Bava
No customer reviews for the moment.